Thank you for visiting!
My name is John Bardos. This is my personal blog where I share ideas, reflections and thoughts on living a meaningful life. All the posts from my previous site, JetSetCitizen.com, have been migrated here.
My writing tends towards the following themes.
- Doing Good (Social Entrepreneurship)
- Future Trends and Technology (The issues that are shaping our future)
- Personal Development (My exploration into becoming a better version of myself.)
- Minimalism (Trading consumption for experiences.)
- Entrepreneurship (My thoughts about business and opportunities after many failed and somewhat successful attempts.)
Who am I?
I first moved abroad in 1997. My wife and I owned a successful business in Japan for more than a decade, but in early 2010, we sold or gave away everything including our house, car and all our possessions to live a nomadic traveling lifestyle. Our main hubs now are Canada, Thailand, Japan and Hungary.
- Husband and Father
- 20+ Years as an Expat and Digital Nomad
- Canadian (with recent Hungarian Citizenship and expired Japanese Permanent Residency.)
- Lived in Japan for 13 years.
- Chronically Self-Employed (Founder and partner in many businesses. Most were failures, but all were good learning experiences. :-))
- Blogger since 1999. (My first “blog” was a hacked discussion forum.)
- Creator of BundlesforGood.com. (Bundling online courses and resources with 25% of profits going to charity.)
- Conference Organizer (Unconferences for Social Good)
One year to an Excellent Life
After years of wishing we could do something different with our lives, in 2009, my wife and I made a one year plan to change countries and careers. I publicly made that declaration on my previous JetSetCitizen blog and it was enough motivation to jumpstart our new life. We kept our commitment and left Japan in early 2010. You can read the early posts with my reflections and worries as we began that major lifesytle change.